Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A day...

If you have ever wondered what it would be like, here is a sample.  I really want to do this with Kyli so all of our friends and family can see what SHE goes through, not Mike and I, but Kyli.  This little girl last night dropped very quickly and it was at bedtime.  She went from a safe number over 120 to 66 in less than an hour.  She was asleep already when I had to check her sugars and she was asleep so quickly because of her low, that is what they do. The only reason I checked her was to get her CGM-continuous glucose monitor up and running for the night.  If not for her CGM, I would not have checked her until 2am, the consequences of that are terrifying to me. Most likely, she would have been either unconscious or near death.  God had a plan last night and I am just thankful for it. 

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=OG7GX8xpbj4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DOG7GX8xpbj4%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

This brings tears to my eyes, because in 4 years, this will be Kyli.  She will be an amazing and beautiful little girl. She will be in tune more with her body than you and I most likely ever will, she has to be.  She will know when she needs to stop playing to go check.  She will be taking care of her self at least a quarter of the time.  She is and will always be my Hero!

No comments: